africon GmbH is an international consultancy with sole focus on Africa.
With our philosophy „bridging potentials“ we consult global companies on their Africa strategy beginning with their market entry until the implementation. We handle national and regional projects, business development and project implementation all over Africa.
To expand our footprint in Northern Africa, we are seeking to grow our team starting April 2020 (approx.): Junior Consultant (m/f)
Do you believe in Africa’s potential? Are you a self-driven person, able to work independently and in teams? Are you willing to take responsibility and ownership in everything you do? Do you want to develop strategies together with your own clients? Are you ready to travel around 30-40% of your work time?
Then, you should continue reading and might start working soon as Junior Consultant from your international home office or a shared office space.
Your tasks – focus area: Morocco, Algeria, Egypt:
- Manage entire projects (market assessments, potential analysis, competitive reviews etc.) from planning to delivery
- Contribute deliverables managed by other africon staff
- Conduct local research (mostly management interviews with industry players)
- Conduct desktop research (e.g. trade flows, macroeconomic reviews)
- Develop strategic recommendations for clients based on research findings
- Plan, implement and coordinate clients’ business trips to your country/region
- Ensure proper coordination of project teams within themselves and with the client
- Acquire and maintain relevant contacts of e.g. key industry stakeholders and potential partners within your country / region
- Contributing to the growth of africon through starting and supporting internal initiatives and engaging in feedback discussions
Expert knowledge and skills requested:
- Based in a Northern African country (preferably Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia or Egypt)
- Successfully completed degree (min. BSc/BA) in an economics or business-related subject
- 3-5 years of working experiences – preferably in consulting, research or international sales
- Strong coordination and organisation skills
- High level of intrinsic motivation and flexibility
- Strong knowledge in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- C1 / C2 language skills in English and at least one of the two following: French, Arabic
- Very good analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in an international and multicultural team
- Open and communicative character
To be discussed during the interview
4 March 2020
Projects / Consultants / Programs / Advisors
Bachelor or equivalent
Arabic, English, French
africon GmbH is an independent consulting company with sole focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
We consult companies with their go-to-market strategy and create value by analysing and assessing African markets, delivering market entry strategies and introducing our clients to potential partners, projects and investors.
Moreover, we implement projects locally and handle business development in selected countries until the client decides to manage Africa on their own.