Azubi Africa is looking for a data science lead trainer. The candidate will work with our organization to build our vision of empowering professionals in Africa to interact and solve problems in the world. Azubi Africa serves as a conduit between academia and the job market. We have a beautiful synergy that combines upskilling young talents and making them industry-ready; and providing a rich talent pool for corporate bodies to employ high performance candidates for industry impact.
What will you be responsible for?
• Translate skills needed in the market to training topics and objectives.
• Design and run data trainings in professional and academic settings.
• Design curriculums suited for beginners, intermediate and advanced students in analytics and machine learning fields.
• Lead a team of teaching assistants to deliver short term and long-term trainings.
• Coach and mentor team members to grow their professional capabilities.
• Take a supportive role in projects being executed in various domains.
Who you are?
• You have experience working with python programming language to build data science projects.
• You have experience building and deploying on machine learning projects and can teach students industry practices to take advantage of.
• You have experience writing advanced and optimized SQL queries.
• You understand and can communicate how cloud computing works when deploying data science projects. Experience working with Azure cloud platform will be a plus.
• You can transfer knowledge acquired from your project experience to beginners, intermediate students in data science fields.
• You know data science best practices and can communicate them to inspire your students to learn and use them.
• You participate in community building and have a strong sense of continuous improvement for members in the community.
• Coaching and mentorship come naturally to you. You enjoy seeing your mentees grow personally and in technical abilities.
Following Microsoft Azure certifications are a plus:
- Azure Data Science Asociate (DP-100),
- Azure Data Engineer Assiociate (DP-201),
- Data Analyst Associate (DA-100)
- The opportunity to actively shape the further development of our training portfolio and to contribute with innovative methods to making demanding and complex topics such as AI and Data Science understandable and tangible.
- Creative collaboration in our small, powerful Academy team
- Short decision-making paths and processes, coupled with an agile way of working
- Internal and external training opportunities for continuous personal development
25 March 2021
Administration / Office
Master or equivalent