afringa is looking for a CTO!
Help us, the afringa team, to improve the employment market across the African continent. afringa’s mission and vision is to become the most trusted online platform when it comes to recruiting across the African market. Our Approach aims to revolutionize the existing recruiting solution landscape with video technology. Join the afringa team and support us to simplify the lives of African job seekers and African as well as international HR managers.
In your role as afringa’s CTO we expect the following from you:
• Work with and lead a small team of data scientists
• Work with team members from 8 different countries across Europe and Africa -> a very diverse environment with people from different educational and cultural backgrounds
• Contribute to the afringa project with your creativity and ideas
• Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
• Communicate the company’s product & technology strategy to investors or potential customers
• Play a key role in shaping the product and developing the engineering team
• Full stack experience with Python (Django) on an AWS stack
• Fluent in English (other languages are nice but not needed)
• Open-minded person who is able to think out of the box
• Interested in the development of the African continent and to have a social impact on people’s life
• You believe in honest and open communication as the basis for effective teamwork
Nice to have
• Experience in running open source projects
• Experience with building GSM/USSD based applications
• Experience with mobile-money systems
• Experience with Android / iOS development
• Previous international experience is preferred but not required
• A leading role in a fast-growing business
• Work with a high paced international team that offers you insights into different cultures
• An equity package - as a key player, we will reward you for driving our platform forward
• Flexible working hours and trust-based working time
• We are always open to hear your thoughts and suggestions because we believe in ideas not in titles
23 July 2020
Information and Communications Technology
Bachelor or equivalent
afringa strives to make the African continent a great place for business by establishing the first African online business and career lifecycle platform that addresses local challenges through technology.
afringa aims to improve the African business landscape by establishing a transparent online platform with high authenticity for African and foreign companies as well as individual African professionals.
Our vision with afringa is to empower African students, professionals, and start-up entrepreneurs to improve their careers and understand the job market’s requirements. We also encourage them to build their own Africa-wide professional network and increase the visibility and exposure of their career profiles across African borders. We want you to find or create the job that you love.
We want to unite African countries and make it easier for you to connect with African companies and inside and outside of your country. Soon, you can find internships, jobs and temporary work on afringa for your country and also anywhere else in Africa!
Please let us know via the contact button, if you have any questions or feedback!