Term: Full time, 1-year commitment, Renewable
Reports to: Chief Editor
• Analyzes news and writes column or commentary, based on personal knowledge and experience with subject matter for publication.
• Gathers information and develops subject perspective through research, interview, experience, and attendance at functions, business meeting, news and press conference meetings, sports events, and social activities.
• Analyzes and interprets information to formulate and outline story idea.
• Selects material most pertinent to presentation, organizes material into acceptable media form and format, and writes column or commentary.
• May be required to develop material to fit media time or space requirements.
• May be designated according to medium worked in as Columnist.
• May specialize in particular field, such as sports, fashion, society, or politics.
• May analyze topics chosen by publication or broadcast facility editorial board.
• May enter information into computer to prepare commentaries.
One years’ experience as a columnist, or equivalent education and experience
• Familiarity with AP style,
• Thorough understanding of the English language
• Willingness to adapt and change writing style
• Ability to communicate effectively with others
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Creative writing and thinking
MS word, Excel and power point
You will gain experience on the job
4 February 2021
Administration / Office
Bachelor or equivalent